Twitter Facebook

MultiWii WinGUI

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

For those that don't like the java multiwii Gui here is a new windows Gui that you might find more user friendly :thumbsu:
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Quadframes

Quadframes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi Gaz thanks for sharing. Its about time the Multiwii team took the GUI out of the 16th centuary, must say its 110% better that it was.
I see you have 9 sat's hehehe,,,,,, would be great for multiwii if they can get the gps stuff all working!!!
  • Jules2507 likes this

#3 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I have had a chance to use the new Gui today and it is very good, much better than the old one,
I have been messing with the latest multiwii dev and I have to say it is very stable and feels good to fly, the altitude hold is now working but take a bit of tweeking, I will post a video when I have got it as good as I can, at the moment it is probably as good as the arducopter alt hold,
I have seen the gps working with multiwii on youtube but I seem to have a bug with mine as I get plenty of sats, but the distance from home doesnt seem to change.

#4 OFFLINE   kinghelichopter

kinghelichopter

Advanced Member

• Forum Sponsor
  • 343 posts
  • Locationmarket harborough

Donator

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

can this be used with any multiwii board ?

dave

#5 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yes :thumbsu:

#6 OFFLINE   kinghelichopter

kinghelichopter

Advanced Member

• Forum Sponsor
  • 343 posts
  • Locationmarket harborough

Donator

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

thanks ill give it a try !!

dave

#7 OFFLINE   Quadframes

Quadframes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hi is there any news on what ver they are at now and is it stable to fly.....

#8 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

The release version is still v1.9 but there is a pre-release of v2.0 I have tried this and it flies very well as all the versions of multiwii have done :thumbsu:

#9 OFFLINE   icedfusion

icedfusion

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Note that the reason you have to select between 1.0 and the 'dev' version in the this WinGUi is because the comms talk differently. So wen you select 'dev' build, it can be any 'new' build after this date.

ice.

#10 OFFLINE   nazza

nazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

no that looks a lot better well done MultiWii BIG BIG improvement just need to get a camera gimbal part on it now!!

#11 OFFLINE   Quadframes

Quadframes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

well I have just had time to upload the new multiwii version 2.0 pre release 2 (not the final 2.0) the other night on my Flyduino Mega board and its all running nice as far as I can see! even got 6 sat's sitting in the house :thumbsu: .

I have not had a chance yet to fly this as to windy today here :thumbsd: . Also just notice they have released multiwii version 2.0 pre release 3 (not the final 2.0) So I think i will maybe wait until they release the final ver before I do anymore!!! I will test flight ver 2 pre release 2 and report back here when I do.

But as I have said before the GUI is a Vastly big improvement from what it was personally I still think they need to get a camera gimbal tab added to make it easier to set your camera up but hay ho Rome was not built in a day (or was it hehe)

#12 OFFLINE   Zagifly

Zagifly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNinfield East Sussex

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I have had a chance to use the new Gui today and it is very good, much better than the old one,
I have been messing with the latest multiwii dev and I have to say it is very stable and feels good to fly, the altitude hold is now working but take a bit of tweeking, I will post a video when I have got it as good as I can, at the moment it is probably as good as the arducopter alt hold,
I have seen the gps working with multiwii on youtube but I seem to have a bug with mine as I get plenty of sats, but the distance from home doesnt seem to change.

Any chance of a screen shot of your PIDs for altitude hold please, Ive run out of props trying to get my T copter to do as its told.
Im using version 2 in an own design T copter for FPV and altitude hold would make it more interesting, it has the full Crius board on it.

David H

#13 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi David the baro in multiwii has never worked as well as it does in some other firmwares but it will help if you have the f/c board inside some sort of case and some open cell foam over the hole in the baro,
I found the default PID settings in multiwii seemed to work best, I tried altering it and it just seemed to make it worse

#14 OFFLINE   Quadframes

Quadframes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Just been playing about with the multiwii win Gui and got 11 sat's sitting in my front room :-)
Posted Image

as you can see from the pic distance to home is showing as 29m.

This is WAY OFF...... have looked at the code and its showing set home @ 3 Sat's but when you get more Sat's and a better fix your home position does not change so you home position is out.

I will try and chance the code tomorrow to 6 Sat's and test and will report back to see if any difference?
  • nazza likes this

#15 OFFLINE   teslahed

teslahed

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationLancaster

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Any chance of a screen shot of your PIDs for altitude hold please

I'm having problems getting my stabalise mode to work - whenever i turn it on my quadcopter starts slowly oscilating about the place - it stabalises a bit but the slow random wobble is too much a liability to make it useful for anything. Can anyone shed any light on possible causes for this please?

Posted Image

It's fairly obvious to me what the settings for Roll, Pitch and Yaw do but i'm less sure of what the 'Altitude' options, the 'Altitude/Velocity' settings or the 'Level' settings do. Apart from the lack of stabalise mode my quadcopter is flying fairly well at the moment although it will probably benefit from some more PID tuning in the near future.

#16 OFFLINE   icedfusion

icedfusion

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Apparently that is a known issue with MWC at the moment - some ppl refer to it as a drunken sailor mode! However, over at the MWC forums, someone has fixed it, but it has not been released generally - although, you can use it if you want it.
http://www.multiwii....start=30#p13084

I only found it whilst reading through the Naze32 thread - not got one? It is an awesome board!

ice.

#17 Guest_Gaza07_*

Guest_Gaza07_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

New Multi Wii Gui v2.1 available from the link at the top of the thread, this version will also work with development versions of the MultiWii firmware up to 20120606, below are a few screen captrues from my BV, It is starting to look very good this GUI and now with the addition of the satellite view too

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • nazza likes this

#18 OFFLINE   nazza

nazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

WOW that does look nice :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

#19 OFFLINE   gamekeeper

gamekeeper

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Please can someone explain "PASSTHRU"
Thanks
John

#20 OFFLINE   refractions

refractions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationScotter, Lincolnshire

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Passthru is for static wing configs - use it to enable control of the servos directly bypassing the IMU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users